Question for Today

I beg the members' pardon for raising a non-physics issue, but my wife says
I'm going crazy worrying about this and I don't remember any instance when a
question on any subject got nothing but "I don't know" from all members of
the list.

The question for today is, When and why did the catastrophic cattle disease
hoof-and-mouth become foot-and-mouth? I'm sure the Associated Press is
behind the switch because all radio and TV news reports use the new name,
but I'm derned if I know why. Someone please set my mind at ease.

Paul O. Johnson
The Science Place
Dallas, Texas