Re: Pb

I suspect that this interesting demonstration may possibly be
sailing under false colors. I understand that temperature
indicating cards feature a thin film of temperature sensitive
liquid crystal. If you apply enough pressure, I fear that the
liquid will be squeezed out with a conseqential color change
no matter what the temperature.

As a check, using a press to slowly apply pressure from a cooled
ball onto such a card might demonstrate some interesting color
change also.

Brian