Question Why Charged Particles Can't Have Zero Rest Mass.

It would seem that QM prohibits the existence of zero rest mass charged
particles. One argument goes as follows.
Postulate a zero rest particle, call it a electrino. Given that we have
an electrino CPT conservation would mean we must have an anti electrino.
Since these are zero mass particles virtual pairs would be created any place
where we have an electron. ( Or any other charged particle) The anti
electrino would form a bound pair with the electron while our electrino would
become a real particle drawing it's energy from the binding energy mass
defect of the electron- anti electrino pair. Therefore we replace every
charged particle with a non zero rest mass with a massless charged particle.
I believe this outcome would be inevitable therefore this would indicate
charged zero mass particles are impossible.
Of course there are other arguments. It is possible to view the
electromagnetic mass of a charged particle as a rest mass. That is there
would be a minimum mass associated with each charged particle which could not
be reduced further. A binding energy cancellation would not be possible
because this an infinite range force which will always exerts it's influence
over any given region of space.
Well, do these arguments hold water? Are there better arguments? Or is it
just wrong to think QM prohibits zero rest mass particles?

Bob Zannelli
New York