Re: error analysis

Many of you are college professors.
What types of error analysis would you like to see a high
school teacher work with students. Other than percent
differences and significant figures which I do try to
reinforce.
Tim O'Donnell

There are measurement analysis notes used for the first year physics labs
at Purdue University at http://www.physics.purdue.edu/phys152l/
look under MA1 and MA2 for the two lectures, examples and worksheets on
measurement analysis. PHY 152L is a lab for calculus-based physics for
engineers and scientists. I feel measurement analysis is EXTREMELY appropriate
for this population. I would NOT recommend teaching measurement analysis to
non-engineers or scientists; they are learning physics for different reasons.

Dan M

Dan MacIsaac, Assistant Professor of Physics and Astronomy, Northern AZ Univ
danmac@nau.edu http://purcell.phy.nau.edu PHYS-L list owner