Re: Middle School Physical Science Texts: dishonesty

So you can talk about us not knowing the "why" of the
universal rules all you want. I don't pretend to know "why"
the universe is as it is. But I do know some of the rules,
and I can try to explain them as best I can to a student. I
will NEVER (keyboard isn't broken....all caps on purpose!)
tell a student "That's just the way it is."

I do sometimes.
When a student once asked me why there were only two
kinds of charges positive and negative, I am sure I replied
"I don't know, that's just the way it is." I am sure I
challenged the student to find out why, but I am just as
sure I never heard from that student again about that
topic.