Re: RC circuits lab

On Mon, 05 Mar 2001 09:18:00 -0500 Justin Parke <FIZIX29@AOL.COM> writes:
Can someone refer me to a good lab I can do with Advanced Placement
(C) physics students for RC circuits? I want them to measure
current and voltage several times as a capacitor charges/discharges
and obtain the exponential curves which we can then fit and derive
the proper equations.

My main problem is my lack of experience with these type of circuits
so that I do not know which combinations of resistance, capacitance,
and applied voltage provide the proper charging time, etc. I blew
up a capacitor the other day while I was playing in the lab (and
supplies are limited!)

Perhaps some of you have written something of your own you could
share with me, or refer me to some website.

Check out Experiment 44, "Resonance in electric Circuits" on
page 197 of the lab manual "Experiments for Physics Labs".
Copies of this lab manual are available from Analog Press.
Voice 415 239 2338 FAX 415 587 4268 analog@ibm.net

Herb