excel and matrices

Check out this link:
http://www.uncg.edu/phy/phy212/simultaneous/simuleq.html

Larry Smith wrote:

At 9:17 AM -0500 3/1/01, Bob Muir wrote:
I might have missed earlier parts of the thread.
If you are talking about solving simultaneous equations or simply
matrix inversion (involving numeric values), Excel has excellent
matrix funtions built in. It makes solving simultaneous equations a
snap.

I've tried to invert matrices in Excel, but instead of a 3x3 array as
the
result it gives only one cell. Please repeat your instructions for
matrix
inversion in Excel and I'll try it again.

TIA,
Larry