Re: Middle School Physical Science Texts: dishonesty

methods. Currently my daughter has a fairly incompetent math
teacher, who
is also a bit psychotic. The teacher did not know that the earth went
around the sun, and that the moon went around the earth. She
tried to use
the sun going around the earth as an example of an ellipse!
I don't know
whether to laugh or cry.

John M. Clement

And I say with tongue rather in cheek, in the frame of reference of the
earth, the sun does go around the earth and rather in an ellipse shape.

Joel Rauber

PS Somehow though, I don't think that is what your daughter's teacher had
in mind.