Re: Middle School Physical Science Texts: dishonesty

> 1. The one middle-school science teacher I've talked to
> said, emphatically, "You can't teach a science course from a textbook."
> She was aware of newspaper publicity concerning the purported
> errors.

There is always an exception to every rule. You have been very lucky
to find such an exceptional middle school science teacher on your first
attempt.
It certainly would be nice if all middle school science teachers were
as competent as the one that you met.

My concern as a parent is whether the _teacher_ knows the science well
enough to teach w/o a text.

I find now that _my_ local MS teaches w/o science texts -- not because the
texts are found to have errors but because none of the texts match the
state requirements.

Now I am really worried!

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com