Re: [Science] Moon landing Hoax (fwd)

Hugh Haskell wrote:

Interesting. And if it should happen that the reflector happened to
be in the center of the face of the moon directed toward us (I don't
know if this ever happens for the location of Tranquility base),
would we be able to see a reflection of the Poisson spot on the moon,
due to the constructive interference of the diffraction of the sun's
rays around the earth?

Aren't the sun's rays incoherent? Try to create diffraction or
interference patterns using pinholes or slits with a beam of sunlight
as the direct illuminant. I'll bet you find that this doesn't work
nearly as well as it does with the laser in your lab as the light
source.

Have fun! :-)

--MB