Re: Moon landing Hoax

At 02:20 PM 2/20/01 -0700, Jim Green wrote:
clips and examples they showed. Can anyone help with facts to counter this
stupid show? Thanks,

What I would _not_ teach them is that when scientific data is presented
that counters the accepted story, one does not call that data "stupid" and
try to prove it clearly false.

Scientific data? What scientific data?

I saw the FOX program and thought it would be an excellent platform to
teach good science methods.

I would say it was an object lesson in appalling scientific methods. This
starts with suppressing key data while presenting artfully selected data,
mischaracterising the data, misquoting key participants, failing to
properly consider competing hypotheses, et cetera.

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html

It was filled with persuasive data that could
bear close scrutiny in order to teach how to approach science.

Hogwash.

I wonder if anyone taped it or if a tape could be requested -- and
excellent program.

This brings new meaning to the word "excellent".

I've got news for everybody:

*) Neil Armstrong went to the moon.

*) Oswald shot Kennedy.

*) Laetrile does not cure cancer.