Re: Mpemba effect" ?? (the Finnish data)

Robert Cohen wrote:

When you say "same amounts of water", do you mean same amounts initially
or same amounts after evaporation has taken place (I'm guessing more of
the warm water will evaporate)?

No, the student did not control evaporation. Amounts of water were the same
initially.
The experiment was not terribly professional; it was designed and conducted by
my high school student.

Thanks for William for the excellent citation for possible expalanations of the
Mpemba effect. My student would definitely have
benefited from that (as well as I did!).

Regards,

Antti Savinainen
Finland

Homepage http://personal.inet.fi/tiede/physics/