Re: Cosmology( Correction)

Leigh the fact that a theory can account for a previously unexplained
observation is often a partial verification of that theory.

No, it is not! Inflation was driven by that "previously unexplained
observation". An *ad hoc* theory is not validated by its success in
the explanation of an observation *unless it does so using entirely
established physical principles*. If you allow me to introduce one
new piece of physics to model an unexplained phenomenon I probably
have a good chance of being able to do so. *Prediction* is the
touchstone by which inflation will be tested.

Leigh