Re: Cosmology

The space between measuring sticks can expand, leaving each stick
unchanged. The space between galaxies can expand, leaving each galaxy
unchanged.

Ah, but, John, they tell me that the space between galaxies does _not_
expand but that the space between super clusters does - this is what (for
the moment) I can't understand. Next I will deal with the rest of what I
don't understand. Maybe I am to assume that the binding between local
clusters is strong enough so that the binding is rigid, but that the
binding between super clusters is sufficiently weak such that it is not
rigid. All this seems a bit arbitrary.

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen