Re: visualizing fields near charged objects

I just looked at John's display again and noticed what escaped
me before. John did show the distribution of S along the surface.
I did not see it because I did not scroll far enough to the right.
Values of charge densities at sharp points (legs etc.) are very
high. I hope John does the same thing for a disk at a good
resolution (for example the diameter of 75 cells) and with the
"infinity shield" pushed further away. It seems to me that
symmetry should help to reduce the calculation time by the
factor of 4.
Ludwik Kowalski