Re: electrostatic shielding

>2) The formula for S(r) is intuitively acceptable but
how do you justify it formally, Leigh? There may be
many even functions with a minimum at r=0.

This is a perfectly general function having the correct
symmetry property.

John Mallinckrodt just pointed out my error to me. I should
have included odd terms (except for the linear term) in this
function:

/ 2 3 \
\ /

Leigh