Re: electrostatic shielding

It occurred to me, while thinking about Leigh's disk, that S(r)
may be determined experimentally. Suppose the disk, suspended
by nylon threads, is charged from an electrostatic machine in a
clean room. Then it is taken to a room in which there is a lot of
dust (for example, particles of flower or oil or toner).

Returning to the clean room we discharge the disk and take a
picture of the dust distribution. This would be S(r). I suppose
others have done something like this. Any comments?
Ludwik Kowalski