From: "Chuck Britton" <britton@NCSSM.EDU>
To: <PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2001 10:41 AM
Subject: Re: Momentum Demo

At 9:15 AM -0700 1/31/01, SSHS KPHOX, you wrote about Re: Momentum Demo:

PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu writes:
>Exploding two pop cans (I call the demo soda pop!) with a firecracker is
>quite entertaining!

Safety considerations would make me avoid this.

A 'LadyFinger' is quite adequate, behind a blast shield of course.

back in the mid '80's or so, you could select either Al or steel cans
for interesting comparisons.

One aluminum + one steel let you measure the different ranges and
work back to the mass ratio.

Chuck Britton Education is what is left
when
britton@ncssm.edu you have forgotten
everything
(919) 286-3366 x224 Albert Einstein, 1936