Re: How to do it in word6?

On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, Ludwik Kowalski wrote:

Is there a command for killing specified ASCII characters in Microsoft
Word6 for Mac?

I don't use a Mac, but I do use Word95 which is essentially Word6. The
Replace option under the Edit menu is very powerful. You can hunt for
special characters like carriage returns (^p in Word notation) and replace
with spaces, etc. Sometimes some ingenuity must be used to not get
disasters resulting from un-wanted replacements. For example, I search for
the sequence ^p^p and replace with XXX before replacing single ^p and then
I come back and replace all XXX with ^p^p again.

Richard Bowman
Bridgewater College