Re: Momentum Demo

The variant of this I've used (and has been a long thread here and, or on
tap-l) is to use a scuba tank or CO2 fire extinguisher -- the baking soda
and sulfuric acid -- water one would be even better --- outside! Haven't
tried it though.

bc

Thomas O'Neill wrote:

J.
I would suggest students on skateboards and a medicine ball from
PE. Let two students head towards each other on skateboards. Have the
first student throw the medicine ball towards the second who catches it.
Watch as each of them slow down, the first when the medicine ball is
tossed and the second when the medicine ball is caught. Try again but
this time have the students move away from each other (trickier for a
successful catch) and watch what happens. Use light students on good
boards. If nothing else you can annoy the English department by doing
it out in the hall during class.

THO

Thomas O'Neill
o'neill@csvrgs.k12.va.us
Physics
oneill@csvrgs.k12.va.us
C Shenandoah Valley R Governor's School 540.245.5088