Re: problems with classical physics

At 5:07 PM -0500 1/25/01, David Bowman wrote:
Regarding Leigh's comments about my example of the problem of infinite
entropies in classical stat mech.
Also, all physical *entropies would be infinite* since in any finite
region of phase space, no matter how small, there are a continuously
infinite number of microscopic states in classical mechanics....

I think this should not be construed as an unresolved issue.

I hope others did not think I mean to construe it as an unresolved issue.
I meant to use it as an example of a "problem ... with classical
physics".

I certainly didn't. The context was that of problems that were considered
to have been unresolved *at the turn of the century*.

Leigh