Re: N/kg versus m/s^2

--- "Prof. John P. Ertel (wizard)" <jpe@USNA.EDU>
wrote:
(excerpt)
After all, would we would never say (or would we?)
that because the
product of the force unit with the length unit is
technically equivalent
to the energy unit (Nm=J) that it would be OK to
measure/quote the results
of a calculation of torque in units of Joules. Even
if there is a unit
equivalence here, it is at least misleading and I
think just plain wrong!

We would never calculate torque in terms of Joules
because 1 Joule = 1 Newton DOT 1 meter, whereas torque
is measured in units of Newtons CROSS meters. This is
basic vector calculus.

Zach Wolff