Re: Ionized air

I was referring to metallic objects on isolating columns,
or suspended from nylon strings, etc. People who
responded emphasized the role of leakage currents
(along columns or strings) rather than the effect of
charged ions attracted from the surrounding air.
Thanks for clarifications.

Ludwik Kowalski asked:

It is easy to understand why object discharge rapidly in
ionized air, for example, above the flame of a match.
Surfaces attract opposite charges and become neutral.

But how do we explain the effect of humidity? Is
humid air (air with molecules and droplets of water)
more ionized than dry air? Why is so?