Re: problems with classical physics

The interaction between two charged particles moving with the same
constant velocity. In the frame there is an magnetic interaction, and
in their frame there is not...not very Newtonian, rather relativistic.

There is of course the issue of what you mean by "provided
impetus" because you are now asking a question about history. Did, for
example, the Michaelson-Morley result provide impetus for special
relativity...one might think so, but it apparently did not. What did
is, I believe the problem I describe in the previous paragraph.

The discrete nature of light emission from a gas discharge might be
another one for quantum mechanics.

cheers,

joe

On Tue, 23