From: phys-l@lists.nau.edu: Forum for Physics Educators
[mailto:PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu]On Behalf Of Leigh Palmer
Sent: Saturday, January 20, 2001 10:14 PM
To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu
Subject: Re: AC electricity in CA

At 10:53 PM +0530 1/20/01, D.V.N.Sarma wrote:
Just out of curiosity! Can 'good' be used in singular? Are there any
precedents?

I am possessed by Perry Mason's legal assistant
who is so particular about precedents that he considered
only a widow or a divorcee as a suitable person to marry!

Then I'll refer you to the Oxford English Dictionary of which
I possess the "squint" edition*. According to the OED "good",
inter alia, is a substantive noun, like "water" or "air". It
is more commonly seen in its plural form.

Leigh

* It was cheap; it comes with a magnifying glass.