Re: AC electricity in CA

At 3:22 PM -0800 1/20/01, Bernard G. Cleyet wrote, referring to "good":

Yes, my dict. says it must be plural for that meaning.

The form that appears in some modern dictionaries says, typically,
"Goods, n. pl.", implying that the singular is improper. There is
no separate recognition of "goods" in the old OED. I will also say
that I believe the word is used in the singular in this sense by
economists, but I certainly don't mean to imply that I look to
economists for any sort of guidance, grammatical or otherwise!

Leigh