From: "Bernard G. Cleyet & Nancy Ann Seese" <georgeann@REDSHIFT.COM>
To: <PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu>
Sent: Saturday, January 20, 2001 3:11 AM
Subject: Re: AC electricity

That's because it's not a transistor! Electrons move faster in
transistors.

bc

P.s It's more like a few inches a second and the same for any size
kinescope
(One or two seconds is a bit optimistic). How do they explain the fact
that
it comes up to speed slowly?

Tim O'Donnell wrote:

That is the way my students would see it!
Tim
As one of my more observant students pointed out this cannot be true.
It
takes as
long as one or two seconds for the TV to make a picture when it is
turned
on.
Clearly the speed of electrons must be only 1 or 2 feet per second.
:-)

--

S.Goelzer