Re: Global Energy etc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Woolf [SMTP:larry.woolf@GAT.COM]
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2001 4:01 PM
To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu
Subject: Re: Global Energy etc.

In California, we have a number of wind farms. There are undesired
side-effects - visual pollution. The windy valleys are some of the most
beautiful areas - the wind generators are large and ugly, scarring the
hills. There would be much opposition to the siting of millions of them.
Plus I think they can be noisy.
[Skip Kilmer] I guess ugly is in the eye of the beholder. Last summer I
drove across the country, and I was thrilled to come upon a couple of large
wind farms unexpectedly. I thought the dozens (maybe over a hundred) of
white wind turbines whirling gaily was magnificent. Noisy, maybe, I could
hear the beating from a couple of miles away.