From: "Jim Green" <JMGreen@SISNA.COM>
To: <PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu>
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2001 04:39 PM
Subject: Re: Global Energy etc.

At 11:47 19 01 2001 , you wrote:
Don't complete write off wind energy--it seems to be becoming
much more economical than it once was. Denmark already gets
13% of its electricity from wind, and plans to increase that
to 50% by 2030. Take a look at www.windpower.dk.

Folks, help me out re Wind Power if you will: I think that it is a
quite
reasonable assumption to take the Sun as a source outside the system,
but
the wind??? If the energy of the wind is decreased, what happens to the
rest of the planet? Why is that different for using oil or gas?

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen