Re: Pumped storage etc.

I replaced nearly all at once (@ least a dozen)-- large variety from IKEA from
four watts to 20 including some candelabras (20 W = 100W incandescent). Gate
Keeper only objects, where obvious, esthetically. In two cases the delay is
inconvenient, so I bought a doubler socket; 15 Ws, fluorescent and CFB.

bc

P.s. I've noticed the delay is = proportional to the wattage. The 20's a full
second. I also bought a couple of non compact fluorescents 150 W!

Joel Rauber wrote:

(They are unaware of many others,
like slowly
replacing incandescent bulbs with compact fluorescent bulbs.)

Laurent Hodges, Professor of Physics
12 Physics Hall, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011-3160
lhodges@iastate.edu http://www.public.iastate.edu/~lhodges

I wish the other members of my family were similarly unaware of the replaced
incandescent bulbs. The one's I buy usually aren't compact enough to be
visually unidentifiable and the fraction of a second lag between flipping
the switch and turn-on is usually noticable; and often I didn't precede this
with lowering the wattage of incandescent bulb used, which meant that the
flourescent was noticably dimmer as well.

Perhaps I'm not as skilled in skullduggery as Laurent :-))

Joel rauber