Re: Normal

Doesn't get you women?!

Just a different type -- Mine say this is quite endearing.

bc

Leigh Palmer wrote:

> It is interesting that you and I and many, many other
physicists look at mundane phenomena differently from the
way in which normal people do. We try to apply our world
view everywhere, as your question illustrates. We try to
figure out why a particular shadow is "that way", or why a
sound accompanies a particular phenomenon. I love this way
of life, and if I had my life to live over I wouldn't want
to be normal.

Leigh
Leigh,
I consider myself quite normal, just more curious, more
like a child and I plan to remain childlike as long as I can.
Tim Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah Nah, Nah Tag your it! ;-)

First let me apologize. That note was obviously meant for Ken,
not for the list. It has been my firmly held prejudice for
many years that physicists are not normal, in the sense that
they have passed through puberty and adolescence without
losing that most desirable attribute of the child, healthy
curiosity. Curiosity won't get you women*, thus it is often
discarded (or, perhaps, neglected) by normal males in
adolescence as being of little use. I believe we all feel
that curiosity is a Good Thing. I'll never have a second
childhood; I'm enjoying my first too much to give it up.

Leigh

* Too much curiosity can get you in trouble with them, and
with the law! Please excuse my male heterosexual orientation.
Most physicists are similarly oriented, and those are the
only ones regarding whom I am competent to pontificate in
what I've written here.