Re: Planck mass

Regarding Larry's and Chuck's comments:

I keep forgetting--what is the significance of the Planck mass?

It is the order of magnitude of the mass whose energy equivalent would
have a wave length (if all this energy was in the form of an energetic
photon) about equal to the circumference of the event horizon of a
black hole of the original mass.

The only that I remember about it, is that it's mighty BIG!!!!

It's the value of sqrt(h-bar*c/G) and is numerically about
2.1767(16) x 10^(-8) kg

This is big for a subatomic particle, but small for a black hole.

David Bowman
David_Bowman@georgetowncollege.edu