Re: streaked windows and lights

PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu writes:
You made a number of concentric positive cylindrical lenses on your
windshield. A cylindrical lens minifies the scene seen through it.
Thus you saw an image of a taillight in every cylindrical lens at
once. Diffraction could also do this, but I suspect the geometrical
optical contribution is more important.

Leigh

I love the word minifies! The best part is it made my mental picture of
the event quite clear!
Thanks Leigh

Ken Fox
AP/IB Physics Teacher