Re: AC electricity in CA

You might be interested to know that how the public views electricity can
have some serious monetary implications. My brother in law is a tax lawyer
and the taxation of electricity for the producer, transmitter, or user is a
major issue. Apparently, if electricity can be considered "tangible
personal property," then it can be taxed differently than if it is not. So
educating future politicians and lawyers to understand "electricity - that
ill- defined term" is rather important. I think that the laws are written
as if electricity is a well-defined term, which means all the laws relating
to electricity are ill-defined.

Dr. Lawrence D. Woolf; Phone: (858)-455-4475; www.sci-ed-ga.org
General Atomics; 3550 General Atomics Court; San Diego CA 92121-1194