These sessions are always one of the meeting highlights.

Herb Gottlieb from New York City
(On the way to San Diego)

On Thu, 04 Jan 2001 15:08:05 -0800 John Mallinckrodt
<ajmallinckro@CSUPOMONA.EDU> writes:
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 12:21:18 -0700
From: Doug Johnson <dcjohnson@csupomona.edu>
Subject: San Diego Tech Meeting 1/06

Dear Physics Faculty,
I have been arranging a meeting for technicians and teachers at
UC San
Diego for this Saturday at 6pm. So far I have 14 people coming and
room
for 200. I hope that you will be available to attend it if you are
planning on being in San Diego for the AAPT Conference. The program
is
designed to be a Share-a-thon. This means that those coming will be
sharing demonstrations for everyone to see. If you can attend,
please let
me know. We are going to have free pizza for all those who come.
Below,
you will find the information needed to get there. Please send this
out on
Phys-L, if you happen to be on that listserv.

Thanks! ...Doug

P.S. UCSD plans on showing their:
Muon spark chamber
Color addition board
Ripple tank projection

Directions to UCSD can be found at:
http://www.ucsd.edu/visit/directions.html
There is a link on that page to the campus map:
http://www.ucsd.edu/map/
The printable map is your best bet, if you can't read pdf for some
reason, the interactive map is gif.

Warren Lecture Hall is Bldg. 625 on the map. Look in the NorthEast
quadrant for Earl Warren College, down a little to where it says
Jacobs School of Engineering, Bldg. 625 is directly below that. We
will be in Warren Lecture Hall 2001, accessible on the North side.

Parking on weekends is free, but reserved spaces, and some of the
(red) faculty spaces are off limits without a permit. They should
be
marked, if a permit is required.
I recommend trying lot p403, if nothing is available there, then
either p502 or p406. p406 is a parking structure now, both of these
lots are just a long block from Warren Lecture Hall.

We plan to feature:
Muon spark chamber
Color addition board
ripple tank projection

and we may do:
bowling ball pendulum
EtOH rocket (with or without Tesla coil - I've got a friend with a
big one, but he's unconfirmed)

=========================
OUR HOSTS INFORMATION:

Earl M. Dolnick, Senior Development Engineer
Dept. of Physics 0424
University of California, San Diego
La Jolla CA 92093-0424
Phone and FAX (858) 534 8154
Pager (858) 616-1231
edolnick@ucsd.edu

Jeff Patterson
UCSD Physics Undergraduate Labs
9500 Gilman Dr.
La Jolla, Ca. 92093-0424
(858) 534 - 8181

**************************

Douglas C. Johnson
Physics Department 8-238
Cal Poly University
3801 W. Temple Ave.
Pomona, CA 91768

909-869-4033 wk
909-869-5090 fax
dcjohnson@csupomona.edu

2nd Notice....Please RSVP if you plan to attend!

Special Meeting Announcement!!
January 6, 2001
UC San Diego

Dear Tap-L, PIRA,SCPTA Members, and Friends,
We are working on having a special meeting on Saturday, January
6, 2001.
To be held down in UC San Diego on the same day as the workshops for
the
Winter AAPT Meeting. This is about 15 minutes away from the AAPT
Meeting
site. We are securing a large lecture hall and will be providing
FREE
PIZZA and SODA for all those who pre-register. It looks like it
will start
at 6pm and end around 9pm. The meeting will be a "Share-a-Thon"
type
program with a possible guest speaker and/or a special demo
presentation.
If you would like to come and share some neat demonstration or just
plan on
attending to get some new ideas, please send a reply to
dcjohnson@csupomona.edu ...
We want to thank Earl Dolnick at UCSD and his Department Chair
for their
generosity and willingness to provide the site and food for this
meeting.
It is very important for you to <<RSVP>> as soon as possible to
pre-register. We believe that it will be worth your time and effort
come to this meeting.
All those who pre-register will be sent maps and the additional
information as it becomes available.

Thanks... Doug Johnson

Herb Gottlieb from New York City
(Where it's nice to live but I wouldn't