Re: Toward the equilibrium

No one? mentioned what the ringing reminded me. The system will radiate.
This, if the intensity is sufficient, is a practical, as opposed to
theoretical, method of determining the time.

bc

Bob Sciamanda wrote:

An excellent observation which certainly applies to Ludwig's original
question.
The model which I described envisions an unbalanced charge present in the
interior of a uniform conductor at t=0, and predicts an exponential decay
of the charge at that point - with a time constant of
epsilon/conductivity.

The derivation is not complex and is in almost any Junior E/M text.

Bob

Bob Sciamanda (W3NLV)
Physics, Edinboro Univ of PA (em)
trebor@velocity.net