Re: equal gravity

Ignoring the problem of being "massless", to be "weightless" the force
of gravity between the third mass and M(1) and M(2) would have to be
the same. Doing a little algebra on Newton's law of gravitation results in

r(2)^2/r(1)^2 = M(2)/M(1) where r(2) is the distance from M(3) to M(2),
r(1) is the distance from M(3) to M(1)

This also assumes the simplistic situation where there is no
gravitational effects caused by another object.

I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I've lost the name and formula for a
concept dealing with gravity. The formula I'm looking for is how to find the
location between two masses at a fixed position where the gravity is equal. At
this location, since the pull of gravity are equal between the two masses, a third
"massless" object would experience "weightlessness".

--
Arlyn DeBruyckere
Hutchinson High School