Re: dental x-rays

I brought along a dosimeter to a dental appointment a few years ago. I
received several x-rays that day. Underneath the lead apron, the
dosimeter did not read any dose. However, when the x-ray machine was
aimed right at the dosimeter, it registered about 100 mrem (at least that
much). It makes sense that the jaw receives a relatively high dose
compared to the body as a whole.

Steven T. Ratliff
Associate Professor of Physics
Northwestern College