18weekvs16weeksemester

Greetings,

We at El Camino College may be forced (?) to change
from an 18 week semester to a 16 week semester against
the wishes of most the science and math faculty, as
far as I can tell. Our new calendar will keep total
class time the same as it was under the 18 week
semester. I've been teaching at ECC in the physics
department for about 20 years and am quite happy with
the 18 week schedule and have no desire to change. I'd
appreciate any feedback/advice from others who have
gone through such a change.

THanks, Leon R. Leonardo