Re: Mass/Energy concepts and terminology

I agree with Leigh and John here: Leigh I used "weight" because the term
"mass" was getting too sticky in this thread -- not to be cute. My
original comment was meant to say that it is a bit provincial to say that
"mass" is "converted" to "energy" or the like. In the present case and
all others I can think of at the moment, if the energy of a system is
increased, its mass is increased also. Now this may unnerve those who want
to disparage the term "rest mass" and despise the use of other than rest
mass and total energy of a system in E=mc^2, but there you are. BTW I do
not mind at all saying that a photon (what ever that may be) exhibits
relativistic mass. But I am old and senile

Jim