Re: Intro Physics Sequence

Jim Green wrote:

I agree with Jack -- even more radically I would guess:

1) Mathematicians do not consider The Calculus to be a real math course yet
they try to guard it as their domain -- only the pixies know why.
<g> Ideally Calculus should be taught in a Physics Class. IE "tools"
should be taught in an ambient where the tools are used.

cut --

Not in England or at least at Birmingham -- there classical mechanics is not
taught by the phys. dept., but the maths. dept. It's call applied maths..

bc

So I was told in '61-2 by Peter Redmond (Prof. @ UCSB, Ph.D. from Birmingham)

Jim Green