Re: transformers

At 10:23 AM -0800 12/6/00, Bernard G. Cleyet wrote:
Not an old timer -- you forget self contained motor generators.

> In any case, these are called DC-DC converters.

which he probably meant to put in the reverse order.

Back in the forties we called these things "dynamotors", I think.
They were used to provide B+ (plate voltage) for mobile radio
transmitters. We also had "inverters" which generate AC from DC.

I'm beginning to feel old.

Leigh (originally WN6NFX, after a year of bootlegging)