Re: dimensionless units

On Thu, 30 Nov 2000, Robert A Cohen wrote:

Do you agree that there is a middle ground between the
"elaborate and absurdly pedantic" method of your Sept 1996
posting and the "far simpler" approach of your Dec 1998
posting?

Yes; I'm confident that there is a large and fertile middle
ground. However, I find that my simple approach yields very
satisfactory pedagogical results. When I get to the point that I
can even begin to say the same for my approach to most other
topics, I might revisit this one. Unfortunately, I am not bullish
on the prospects!