Teach at CTY

PHYS-Lers,

Please consider the job posting below for this coming summer.  CTY offers summer residential academic experiences to 8,000 students each summer.  We are always looking for outstanding faculty to teach our students.

This is an excellent opportunity to consider traveling to another part of the country and be a part of a top-notch program working with youth and meet interesting colleagues.  The posting below provides a general overview of this opportunity.  Visit the website to get more specific information.

Best regards,

Christine

SUMMER TEACHING OPPORTUNITIES
Johns Hopkins University's Center for Talented Youth (CTY) -http://www.jhu.edu/gifted

WHO
We are seeking teachers, graduate students, and undergraduates for instructor and laboratory assistant positions to teach gifted students ages 8-16.

WHAT
A program with two 3-week sessions where students and staff live on a college campus.  Courses present advanced topics at a pace and depth that match students'  abilities.

We offer many science courses in the fields of biology, chemistry, physics, and field sciences. We also offer a variety of math courses.You can find out specifics about the courses by going to our website (address is below).

WHERE
We have 18 sites in Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and California.

WHEN
There are 2 sessions for the summer of 2001, June 21-July 14, and July 14-August 4.

WHY
-teaching experience in a rigorous, academic setting
-small classes (15-18 students)
-laboratory assistant to help in the classroom
-science budget of approximately $1,000 per session
-contact with dynamic colleagues
-excellent pay, plus room and board

If you are a science teacher, graduate student, or college faculty member with teaching experience we encourage you to apply  for an instructor position (salary is $1800-$2800/session).

If you are an undergraduate with upper level course work and a GPA of 3.2 we encourage you to apply for a laboratory assistant position (salary is $900/session).

For more information and to download an application please visit  www.jhu.edu/gifted/ctysummer
Christine Solan, Coordinator
CTY - Johns Hopkins University          CAP office number: (410) 516-0053
3400 N Charles St                               http://www.jhu.edu/~gifted
Baltimore, Maryland 21218