Re: Bernoulli's relationship

I lost Hugh's original msg, so below

"John S. Denker" wrote:

At 02:04 PM 11/9/00 -0500, Hugh Haskell wrote, regarding the "static port"
used for altimeters and such:
The opening is usually
angled a little toward the rear of the plane and set flush to the
skin of the plane, so it is essentially measuring the pressure in the
boundary layer, where the air is not moving, relative to the plane.

My HS physics teacher was a spitfire pilot -- he won a bet that the air next to
the surface was ~ zero speed. They put talc powder on the wing (so I remember)
flew across the channel. On return, it was still there.

bc

cut---