Re: Temperature Scales

On Thu, 16 Nov 2000 12:19:19 -0800 Raymond Rogoway <rogoway@SJM.INFI.NET>
writes:
Is there any truth to the anecdote that Fahrenheit used his wife's
bath water as 100°? According to one of my old teachers he adjusted the
temperature of the water by adding hot and cold water to the
bath until she could not sense if the water was hot or cold. This
does not sound logical but it was
told to me by my college professor and they are always right - right?

If Fahrenheit's wife says it is true, you had better believe
it regardless if it is true or not.

Herb gottlieb from New York City
(Where my wife is ALWAYS right)