Video-based labs

Hugh Haskell said:

For ease of use and quality of results, I think VideoGraph is better
than VideoPoint, but VideoGraph is a bit older and has a serious
limitation--it can handle only 128 data points. It isn't hard to
visualize a situation in which more than 128 points are needed. I
have talked to Bob Beichner about this and he agrees that the limit
is a problem, but says that he has no plans to upgrade the
application. Increasing the data capability would be quite
labor-intensive and he has neither the time nor the funding to
undertake that task.

If I can ever find the time I will complete a Java version of VideoGraph.
There shouldn't be any limitation on the number of points marked, although
some other features may be missing. The real advantage will be that it would
run in a web browser. Students would be able to do video analysis problems
as homework, for example. It should even run inside WebAssign.

The current state of JVideoGraph is that you can click in a movie and see
the x,y, and t data. Now I just need to get that info into a table and
graphs and allow exporting. I very much like the modeling feature of
VideoPoint, so maybe I can find a way to fit that in as well. As soon as I
find a way to squeeze 28 hours into a day, I should be able to get it done!

Bob