Re: Laws, theories, principles, rules, equations, ...

My favorite of these is Bode's Law. Not only is it not a law, it wasn't even discovered by Bode! :-)
Rondo Jeffery

There are lots of useful "laws" in
physics that are well known not to be "true." Furthermore, I
think it is interesting to note that the *most* fundamental "laws"
of physics are nothing more than apparent truths that we do not
understand.