Re: Intro Physics Sequence

I agree with Jack -- even more radically I would guess:

1) Mathematicians do not consider The Calculus to be a real
math course yet
they try to guard it as their domain -- only the pixies know why.
<g> Ideally Calculus should be taught in a Physics Class. IE "tools"
should be taught in an ambient where the tools are used.

Which is why physics should be taught just-in-time in the engineering
courses!!! Thus eliminating introductory physics from the curriculum. (or
so it is argued by many)

Joel Rauber
Joel_Rauber@sdstate.edu