Re: tunnel diodes

At 07:56 11/7/00 -0500, you wrote:
Hi Listers:

Someone knows of a source of inexpensive and low current (a few
ma) tunnel diodes. I am interested in them for showing beginer
electronics students such an interesting negative resistance
characteristic the tunnel diodes have.

Thanks in advance.

Jorge Hoyos

The first two sources are current production microwave rated devices
(read expensive)

<http://www.alcmicrowave.com/limiter.html>

<http://www.advanced-control.com/rcctdd.htm>

Here's the most promising source I turned up quickly...

" These new Tektronix (152-0125-00) 4.7ma Tunnel
Diodes have had their leads clipped and bent for installation
in a circuit board, but they were never installed. Both leads
are about 3/8" long and can be easily straightened and lengthened
to fit your instrument. // I know these are good diodes
since I checked them on my 575 Transistor Curve Tracer.
(Tunnel Diodes cannot be checked like an ordinary silicon
or germanium diode since they will look like short circuit
on an ordinary ohm meter.) Tunnel Diodes are getting hard
to find these days and you might want to consider putting
these away for a rainy day, just in case..."
. . .
Inquire via email for current price
For information, contact
me by email: w7ni@teleport.com Send orders and